Many people post in quora said that their WeChat account blocked or WeChat account banned and hope to find the way to unlock blocked account. Getting your WeChat account blocked may not ruin your life but it would make you feel frustrated. No worry, in this post, we will walk you through the reasons why your WeChat account may blocked or banned and teach you the possible solutions to unlock blocked WeChat account or recover banned WeChat account.
Reasons for Blocked WeChat Account
There are always some rules and regulations that go along with participating in WeChat. Once you violates these it could results in getting your account blocked or removed. Below we list some of the things that WeChat doesn’t allowed you to do within the app and these might be the possible reasons why your WeChat gets blocked.
WeChat doesn’t allowed users to create fake accounts of celebrities, publish other people’s articles without their permission and revealing the private information of other users. No pornographic photos, erotic writing or “suggestive” content is allowed as well as posting videos or images of people or animals being tortured or killed. Also, WeChat prohibits the use of its app to sell either real or imitation lethal weapons. Selling items used for gambling, nor should you organize gambling sessions or teach people how to gamble within the app. You can’t link to sites that “phish” users, or you spread viruses, you’ll get in trouble. Any attempts to post content regarding organized crime, such as soliciting or offering criminal acts, or trying to indoctrinate people into criminal organizations or terrorist cells, will get you in trouble.
No fake goods, false advertising, selling counterfeit item is strictly banned on the app. The WeChat rules specifically cite fake cigarettes, money and ID as examples of prohibited items. Spreading false or inflammatory information is strictly prohibited. Information which is deemed to be likely to disturb the normal order of society, cause public panic or incite misunderstanding and hatred among countries, districts, ethnic groups etc.
If you violates some of the above rules you are in trouble. Your account may also be caused by the following reasons:
1. If you have downloaded WeChat application from unofficial channels. Make sure to download the app only from the official app store like Play Store or iTunes.
2. If you have been using an Android emulator such as Bluestack, Andy, Youwave or other non-official plugins to run WeChat.
3. If you have posted contents containing porn, violence, scams, inappropriate rumors, or annoying ads.
4. You’ve been reported by other users multiple times your account gets blocked.
How to Unlock Blocked WeChat Account
Below, we will walk you through the detailed guide on WeChat account recovery. Fortunately, WeChat lockout is not permanent, which means your blocked WeChat account can still be recovered. Follow these instructions below to unlock your blocked WeChat Account.
Uninstalled Unofficial WeChat App and Unlock
1. If you have been using WeChat app downloaded from unofficial sites, uninstall it from you device.
2. Remove or uninstall completely, all the files including backup, otherwise you may get another errors in the future.
3. Now, head over to your respective app store and download the official app. If you are on Android go to Google Play Store and for iOS devices go to Apple App Store iTunes.
4. Once you have downloaded and installed WeChat successfuly, open the App as you normally do and try to Login with your login details. In most cases, this method unlock Blocked WeChat account.
Unblock Banned WeChat Account through the App
1. Download and install weChat App from the official sites.
2. Run WeChat app from your device.
3. Tap on “WeChat Forgot Password” link on the app screen.
4. Tap on the “WeChat Security Center” button.
5. Again, tap on the “Unblock Account or Features”.
6. Follow the on screen instructions, you may retrieve your password via: SMS code, E-mail, QQ ID and password.
7. If you still can’t retrieve your password, tap ‘Request password retrieval’ on the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
8. If Login fails, try clearing your cache by turning off your device. After 5-10 minutes, turn your device back on and try logging in to WeChat again. Using this method can also help you to recover WeChat password or retrieve WeChat password and reset WeChat Account as well.
Unlock Blocked WeChat through Web
If the above two steps fails to Unlock your account, you could try this method.
1.open any web browsers and head over to WeChat official website support page here: https://support.wechat.com/cgi-bin/mmsupport-bin/readtemplate?t=weixin_unlock_self&step=0 or go to Account Recovery page.
Tip: For WeChat data recovery, you could use iRefone to help you. This professional iPhone data recovery software could supports to recover lost or deleted data including messages, notes, contacts, photos, whatsapp, wechat and more.